PRIVATE CASK OFFER
Since 2010, when The New Zealand Whisky Co. Limited bought the last casks of New Zealand Whisky, distilled in the old Willowbank Distillery in Dunedin, the company has been selling rare and well-aged whiskies in New Zealand, Australia, Europe and Asia. But the dream has always been re-commencing production and being part of building the future of New Zealand Whisky.
After several years of careful planning and fund raising, the hard work and perseverance has paid off. The new distillery, which was successfully installed at Speight’s Brewery in Dunedin, has been up and running – efficiently producing spirit since February 2021.
We are proud to bring you the opportunity to create your own whisky story with us, through the purchase of a private cask. The 20 liters of delicious spirit will eventually deliver you up to 45 bottles of one of the world’s most sought after single malts. Your bottles will be individually numbered for your own enjoyment – and to be shared with fortunate friends.
The new spirit for your cask is hand-made in our brand-new distillery in Dunedin, by our talented distillers Michael Byars & Cyril Yates. They have honed their craft and are ready to deliver new-make spirit into high-quality wood, for quiet maturation in our seaside bond store to produce your unique private whisky.
THE SMALL CASK OFFER
- A personalised 20 L cask of New Zealand single malt, single cask whisky that will mature in our Oamaru bond store.
- Your choice of two premium cask options; ex-Bourbon (American Oak) or ex-New Zealand red wine (French Oak).
- At the end of the minimum 2.5 year maturation process, we will deliver to you up to 40 x 500ml bottles in premium packaging (after Angel Share & depending on desired ABV).
- You will receive 3 tasting sets during the life of your cask; after purchase and on the 1st and 2nd anniversary. These samples will show you the progress, and help you decide at what strength and age you would like your whisky bottled at.
- During the maturation process you may come to Oamaru to taste your whisky any time.
- The total investment is NZD $3,495 (including GST, excise, bottling, presentation boxes, 3 tasting kits and freight).
- If you are located in Australia and interested in our Private Cask Offer, please get in touch with us for more information on pricing.
LARGER CASKS, LONGER MATURATION TIME
If you are interested in ageing your whisky for longer than 2 – 3 years, we have a selection of larger investment barrels available ranging from 55 litres to 240 litres. Our 55L American Oak casks from Journeyman Distillery are available in ex-bourbon, ex-wheat and ex-rye.
Please contact us by phone or via e-mail for more information on pricing and availability. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keen to start your whiskey journey with us?
If you are interested to hear more about our Private cask offer, contact us via e-mail for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill the order form below and we will be in touch with you soon!